Welcome to Peebles Cycling Club, supported by Alpine Bikes, voted SCU Club of the Year 2008, the cycling club thatâ€™s at the heart of Scotland's best cycling country.Â In 2005 PCC were awarded Go Ride status by Scottish CyclingÂ and full Clubmark accreditation in 2008.
Peebles is at the centre of the wonderful cycling in and around the Tweed Valley and Peebles Cycling Club reflects the diversity in the area. Many cyclists will be aware of the attractions of the Glentressâ€™ complex of mountain biking trails and Innerleithenâ€™s downhill and cross country courses, built as part of the Seven Stanes project. PCC also have, on our doorstep, a network of excellent, quiet country roads for training and touring rides.Â The quality of the road cycling in the locality was reflected in 2011, when Peebles was chosen as the start of the Tour of Britain professional road race.
We are a club of approximately 200 members whose activities range through touring, audax, track, time-trialing, road racing, sportifs, cross country MTB and downhill MTB.
If you are planning off-road cycling please do remember the Cycling Code:
- Ride Responsibly Show respect for all other users, and take care of the environment.
- Leave No Trace Practice low-impact cycling to protect trails and avoid wet and muddy trails. Keep to the line of existing trails, avoid skidding and take your litter home.
- Control Your Bike Stay focussed, check your speed, and think about other people.
- Always Give Way Let people know you are there. Pass wide and slow, particularly with horse-riders and approach with caution on blind corners and descents.
- Avoid Disturbing Animals Farm, pet and wild animals are startled by sudden noise, be considerate.
- Always Plan Ahead Know your bike, your equipment, your ability and the area, and wear appropriate safety gear, and helmet.